Parking for RVs, trailers, and other oversized vehicles is limited and can fill by late morning during summer, especially on weekends. … For smaller class C RVs, parking is available in the day-use parking area at Yosemite Village or in the parking area west of Yosemite Valley Lodge.
Where can I park my campervan in Yosemite?
Highway 120 (East of Yosemite)
- Big Bend Campground: 3 miles west of Lee Vining, the campground is on the right (9 miles east of Tioga Pass).
- Ellery Lake Campground: 10 miles west of Lee Vining (2 miles east of Tioga Pass in Yosemite). …
- Tioga Lake Campground: 11 miles west of Lee Vining (1 mile east of Tioga Pass)
How much does it cost to RV camp in Yosemite?
Camping fees currently range from $5 per night to $20 per night for family sites and $40 per night for group sites.
Yosemite National Park Announces Entrance and Campground Fee Increases.
|Type of Fee||Effective 3/1/2015||Effective 1/1/2016|
|Yosemite National Park Annual Pass||$60||$60|
What is the best RV Park in Yosemite?
10 Best Campgrounds at Yosemite National Park
- Lower Pines Campground. …
- Camp 4. …
- Tents and Cabins at Curry Village. …
- Wawona Campground. …
- Summerdale Campground. …
- Indian Flat RV Park. Indian Flat RV Park | Photo Copyright: Lana Law. …
- Hodgdon Meadow Campground. Hodgdon Meadow Campground | Photo Copyright: Lana Law. …
- Tuolumne Meadows Campground. Tuolumne Meadows.
Where can I RV camp outside of Yosemite?
See our list of favorites below:
- May Lake High Sierra Camp. Type: Wilderness Campground. Region: Tuolumne Meadows / Tioga Pass. Budget: $$ …
- Wawona Campground. Type: RV & Campground. Region: Wawona & Fish Camp. …
- Mariposa Fairground RV Park and Campgrounds. Type: RV & Campground. Region: Mariposa, Midpines and Cathey’s Valley.
Where can I camp for free in Yosemite?
Here are the 10 best free campsites near Yosemite.
- #1 Lumdsen Campground. Forest Route 1N10. …
- #2 South Fork Campground. Forest Route 1N10. …
- #3 Cherry Valley Campground. Groveland, California. …
- #4 Lumsden Bridge Camground. …
- #5 Jerseydale Campground. …
- #6 Redinger Campground. …
- #7 Upper Chiquito Campground. …
- #8 Hartley Springs Campground.
Can you camp at Yosemite without a reservation?
Reservations are required to drive into Yosemite National Park beginning May 21. You must have a reservation to camp in Yosemite. There is no first-come, first-serve camping in Yosemite in 2021. Learn more about current park operations.
What size RV is allowed in Yosemite?
Maximum RV/trailer lengths: In Yosemite Valley, the maximum RV length is 40 feet and maximum trailer length is 35 feet, however, only a total of 8 sites of this size are available (six sites in Lower Pines and two in North Pines, which are open spring through fall).
Can you sleep in your car in Yosemite?
Within Yosemite National Park, you may not sleep in your car or RV except in a campsite that you’re registered to stay in (except at Camp 4, where sleeping in cars is not allowed because it’s a walk-in campground).
Where can I shower in Yosemite?
In Yosemite Valley, there are showers at Curry Village (open all year) and at Housekeeping Camp (closed in winter). The Tuolumne Meadows Lodge has public showers in summer only with very restricted hours. There are no public showers in Wawona. All showers require a fee.
How do I reserve an RV in Yosemite?
Make a Campground Reservation
- Visit www.recreation.gov (recommended)
- 877/444-6777. (or 877/833-6777 for TDD) (or 518/885-3639 from outside the US & Canada)
Can you Boondock in Yosemite?
Yosemite National Park is completely surrounded by national forests. You can always boondock for free in these forests. However, there are also free campgrounds set up by the U.S. Forest Service…
What size RV can park anywhere?
According to CalTrans, vehicles in the state of California are limited to the length of 40 feet. That applies to all motorhomes, of every class (but pertains mostly to Class A motorhomes which tend to be larger).
Where should I stay in an RV in Yosemite?
In Yosemite Valley, stay at North Pines or Lower Pines campgrounds with an RV up to 40 feet in length. There are only six sites available for the maximum length at each campground, so make your reservations early. If your RV is 35 feet or shorter, Upper Pines also has RV sites.
Where can I camp if Yosemite is full?
Groveland Camping Near Yosemite (Highway 120)
- Pine Mountain Lake is a gated community just outside of town with lots of vacation rentals. …
- Stanislaus National Forest campgrounds are an option, but most of them minimal amenities. …
- Yosemite Lakes is a full-service campground.
Where can I camp when visiting Yosemite?
- Pines Campgrounds.
- Camp 4.
- Bridalveil Creek.
- Hodgdon Meadow.
- Crane Flat.
- Tamarack Flat.
- White Wolf.